I love yarn. In college I learned how to weave on giant lovely old looms and I quickly realized that it wasn't the weaving I like, but just handling the yarn. Counting and marking rows make me crazy and while free form pieces were exciting and seemed to have endless possibilities. On a piece that you had to figure it all out on paper first down to each stitch- the fun part was over for me. While working freeform and not really knowing how the story would end was wayyyyy more fun. I have come across cuffs, bracelets made of leather, fabric, and fibers- loved the look. My stash of yarn is quite extensive to say the least - and I have wonderful finds from the thrift stores and antique stores like old charms, buttons, cool stuff. All of these are finding their way into my Wrist Corsages - pastel country, hippy, feathers & silk, and even wedding pieces. New ones have just been posted on my etsy site so check them out when you have a chance.All Used Up
CindyCarrillo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment