All Used UpCycled Denims

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Textures, lace, patched, all good!


Happy New Year to all! As a matter of fact to help it be a bit better- when you go to make a purchase on my Etsy site type in HappyNewYear2011 in the Coupon Code space for 15% off your purchases.

My sewing room floor is covered in wonderful colors of pinks, yellows, and turquise- pulling together ideas for spring bags and accessories. Things to watch for? Soft fiber necklaces, crocheted bags in spring colors and more.

While out shopping I am always checking out the new clothing coming out and hoping for something really nice. While in California I saw so much layering of real different weights and colors of fabrics. This can be tricky to sew as I found out trying to make an upcycled sweater into a jacket with patches of different fabrics. Putting great looking fabrics together wasn't the hard part, it's getting the pieces to not be too heavy and bulky. After making a bit of a mess of this little sweater I cut it all up into pieces and now am sewing it back together completely different. IF it works out I will post it and see what viewers think. If more likes than not I will start creating more.

All Used Up online store: www.AllUsedUp.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment