All Used UpCycled Denims

Monday, October 11, 2010

Bonanza Find- Red leather Chaps in Victor, Colorado

Ok, I know I said I look for jeans and leather jackets, but did I ever hit the gold mine in Victor, Colorado this summer. We were there for an art event called Victor Celebrates the Arts. I was one of the artists painting in the event. But of course I am hitting the thrift stores, antique stores, and weird little shops.
This shop was a real mix of items. They had old, but not valuable stuff right next to very expensive pieces of Hopi and Navajo jewelry. Victor is a great example of a gold mine town that still has the old mines, old buildings, and the feel of the true west. Those attributes seems to bring in the bikers; the Harley riders from all over the country. That is how these red leather chaps ended up in this shop and now find their way to my sewing table.
They were huge, someone definitely made a strong statement wearing these. Yikes! Scary thought. Keep watch, because this lovely soft red leather will be showing up soon as new bags for AUU.

All Used Up Etsy Store

No comments:

Post a Comment