All Used UpCycled Denims

Monday, October 11, 2010

Thrift Store Shopping in Woodland, Colorado



On trips I like to check out thrift stores and Goodwills. It is like going on a hunt for cool fabrics. I look for denim jeans with all kinds of embellishments, or something that makes them stand out. I also look for denim skirts and long dresses, especially in the real large sizes, which give me more fabric..

While in Woodland Colorado this summer I ran across this little shop. It was so nice inside; Well laid out and very clean. It was obvious that the merchandise was carefully selected. They did not sell just anything. Of course that means the prices are a bit higher, but for something extra special, it would be worth it. And it was! I found some great jeans that were covered with heavy embroidery, faded patterns, and unusual buttons. Some had silk screened patterns of leaves. I plan to cut them up, taking a pocket here and a leg there, mixing denims till I get a look I want.
Autumn Slouchy Bag
www.AllUsedUp.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment