This whole bag thing got started because I wanted to make a cool purse for one of my girls, Katie. She is a free spirit. She's very busy, and usually has everything she needs for the day in her purse. After playing around with some old jeans I made up a bag that really fits her personality.I use every part of a pair of jeans when making my bags, including the zipper. Sometimes I cut up the pants and resew them together to create one large piece of fabric. Other times I leave the jeans nearly intact, and sew on additions and linings, or create straps.
My fabric stash has all sorts of nice stuff collected through the years. I use bits and pieces to embellish the bags, pulling colors together that seem to work. Doing it this way guarantees no two purses will be the same.
This particular bag is the perfect hands-free choice for ballgames, shopping, or school. The soft mauve crocheted strap is adjustable for over-the-shoulder or messenger style. The bag has two large pockets on the outside and two smaller pockets on the fully-lined inside. Lining is made of cotton in browns, oranges, yellows, rust, and soft green print.
Purchase This Bag
All Used Up Store
No comments:
Post a Comment